SMART Architect Edition FAQ
Pivothead SMART Series is a truly revolutionary smart eyewear system. On top of being able to record 1080p HD video and 8-megapixel images, SMART also has these features:
What is Pivothead SMART?
- Bluetooth LE 4.0 - Control SMART camera settings and use your smartphone or smart watch to act as a remote for SMART.
- Micro SD Slot - Expandable memory with up to a 32 GB Class 10 Micro SD card.
- Live Streaming - With the LIVE SMARTMOD™ Set, have your own channel on Pivothead.tv and broadcast your point of view to the world.
- Touch Panel - Capture video, images, and broadcast with simple swipe gestures on the side of SMART.
- Street Smart HUD - Get simple, subtle notifications with LED lights on the inside brim of SMART.
What is the difference between Obsidian and Coal?
Obsidian has a glossy black finish; Coal has a matte black finish.
Can I customize the lens colors of SMART?
Yes! You can order colored lens and frame half-jackets on our Pivothead Shop.
What comes with the SMART Architect Edition?
- SMART Architect Edition Eyewear
- Premium Case
- Microfiber Cloth
- Fuel Mod
- USB Cable & Adaptor
- 8 GB Class 10 Micro SD Card
- Half-Metal Frame
- Clear Lens Set
- Small Screw Driver (to swap out lenses and frames)
- Quick Start Guide
How do I transfer footage from SMART?
Via the USB cable, or by taking out the Micro SD Card and inserting it into a card reader.
How do I charge SMART?
SMART has a Micro USB port on the right side of the eyewear. You can plug them into any USB charger to juice up your SMART eyewear. While charging you will see a blinking green LED on the left side. When charging is complete the light will turn solid. The glasses will need to be charged for one hour to reach full power.
Do I need a specific SD Card for SMART?
SMART uses a Class 10 or higher Micro SDHC card. They will support up to a 32 GB memory card so must be a SD High Capacity card. The use of a Class 10 card is required for the seed of the SMART device. SMART will not work with Ultra High Speed (UHS) class cards...Yet.
What does it mean for my SMART eyewear to be in BETA version?
BETA means you're in a pre-mass retail launch version of SMART. During BETA, Pivothead will be constantly adding features to the Pivothead apps and Pivothead Live Platform. You will be the first to use these new versions, and by being an Architect, you are helping us test out new features of SMART.
How do I live stream my point of view with SMART?
Once you have the LIVE SMARTMOD™ Set, you can create your own broadcast channel on Pivothead.tv. To start broadcasting, you can either swipe backwards on the Touch Panel or by starting the broadcast with the Pivothead Live App.
How long can I live stream for?
You'll be able to stream to your own Pivothead.tv channel in 10-minute segments. You can stream anytime; you are not limited on how many times you'd like to broadcast your point of view to the world.
Do I need to purchase the LIVE SMARTMOD™ Set with SMART?
Nope. If you want to capture videos and images, you don't need the LIVE SMARTMOD™ Set. If you want to live stream, you'll need the LIVE SMARTMOD™ Set.
What is the SMARTMOD™ System?
The SMARTMOD™ System allows you to add power and live broadcast capabilities to the SMART eyewear.
- Fuel Mod - A hot-swappable battery that extends recording time by 40 minutes and live broadcasting time by 15-20 minutes. Without the Fuel Mod, you can record for 30 minutes.
- LIVE Mod - Allows you to live stream your point of view over WiFi. And yes, you can use your smartphone's WiFi hotspot to live stream.
Can I use the SMARTMOD™ System with the Original Series?
No, the SMARTMOD™ System is only compatible with the SMART series eyewear.
Is the Air Sync compatible with the SMART Series?
You can use the Air Sync to charge the SMART Series, but not for data transfer or to control SMART eyewear. You can do this with the built-in Bluetooth LE 4.0 on SMART.
What is the return policy on SMART Architect Edition?
Because the SMART Architect Edition is limited, there are no returns or exchanges on SMART Architect Edition unless it is defective.
What is the warranty on SMART Architect Edition?
1 year limited warranty. There is more info on the SMART Architect Edition Warranty at shop.pivothead.com/smart.