Charge the Air Sync
Plug the Air Sync's micro USB port (D) into your computer or other compatible charging devices using the provided USB or other compatible micro-usb connectors.
As the Air Sync charges the battery LED (E) will indicate charge level. Low battery is indicated by a single green LED. The Air Sync is fully charged when all three green LED's are on.
The Air Sync usually takes less than 90 minutes to charge to full capacity from zero power.
Power On/Off Air Sync
- Press and hold the only button on the Air Sync (C) for at least five seconds to turn on the Air Sync.
- When you see the WiFi and SD card LEDs (E) blink once quickly you can let go of the button.
- The Air Sync will take ~10-15 seconds to fully boot. Once fully booted the button (C) will begin to blink blue.
- To power off your Air Sync, simply hold the button again for five seconds until all LEDs are off.
Connect to the Air Sync's Wifi Network
- First, make sure your Air Sync is powered on (see above).
- Second, search and connect to the Air Sync’s WiFi network (AirSync_xxxxxx) on your computer or mobile device.
- Open your browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc) and type http://airsync.pivothead.com in your navigation bar to access the Air Sync web management interface.
- Up to 6 users can simultaneously connect to the Air Sync's WiFi network.
Charge Your Eyewear with the Air Sync
- To charge your Pivothead eyewear with your Air Sync simply connect your glasses using one of the provided USB cables to the Air Sync USB port (B).
- Next - press the only button on the Air Sync (C) quickly. You should see the Air Sync battery LED's (E) light up green to indicate charging has been activated.
- To confirm your glasses are now charging, check to make sure the green LED on your Pivothead eyewear is lit up.
Access Content on your Pivothead Eyewear wirelessly via Air Sync Web UI and the Mobile App
- Ensure that your Pivothead eyewear have content on them to view and also ensure that there is no SD card in the Air Sync.
- Make sure your Pivothead eyewear is connected to your Air Sync device's USB port (B) and powered on (both blue and red LED's should be lit on your Pivothead eyewear)
- Connect to the Air Sync's WiFi network on your computer or mobile device.
- Open the Web UI (http://airsync.pivothead.com) on your computer or mobile device's browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc), or from here, you can open the Mobile App. Note: The App cannot be running in the background. If it is, simply close down the app and restart the process.
- On your Air Sync's Web UI - browse to USB - > 7704MB(a1) -> DCIM -> 100HDHFR to see available videos and images. You can either view these images or videos, or download them to your device from the web UI.
One-Button Media Transfer from your Pivotheads to Air Sync
- Make sure that the Pivothead eyewear has media already on it to be transferred.
- Insert a Class 10 or higher SD Card into your powered-off Air Sync.
- Connect your powered-off Pivothead eyewear to your powered-off Air Sync device's USB port (B) using the short USB cable included with the Air Sync.
- Power on the Pivothead eyewear, wait for 3 seconds- you should see a solid blue LED on the Pivothead eyewear.
- Press the Air Sync power button for 6 seconds until the SD card LED blinks once (this indicates that the Air Sync have started). Wait approximately 20 seconds and the copy process will start. It takes ~20 min to copy an hour of full HD video.
- The copy process is complete when the red LED has stopped blinking on the Pivothead Eyewear and the orange LED has stop blinking on the Air Sync.
Use the Air Sync as a WiFi Bridge
- Make sure you are connected to the Air Sync's WiFi network on your computer or mobile device.
- Open the Web UI (http://airsync.pivothead.com) on your computer or mobile device's browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc)
- Click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner of the web UI.
- You will be asked for an Administrator password - enter 0000 and press Submit.
- Look for and select Bridge Mode on the left navigation bar.
- Turn Bridge Mode On (the Air Sync will scan for available WiFi networks in range).
- Choose your preferred WiFi network (WiFi router, 4G data point, Mobile Hot Spot, etc) from the list of results. If your WiFi network is password-protected, enter your password and press connect.
- When successfully connected you will see a green check mark next to your WiFi network and you should now be able to connect to the Internet through your Air Sync.